This volume lists over 19,000 poorer householders (over 5000 on average each year) within the City of Norwich and the boroughs of Great Yarmouth, King’s Lynn and Thetford, exempt from payment of hearth tax. The introduction includes a discussion of all surviving Norfolk hearth tax returns and a description of some smaller 17th century buildings.
Published in association with British Record Society and the University of Roehampton (Centre for Hearth Tax Research).
Series: Norfolk Record Society
Volume Number: LXV
Year of Publication: 2001
Edited By: John Pound, Peter J. Seaman, Robert Smith
- Hearth-money — England — Norfolk;
- Taxation — England — Norfolk — Lists;
- Tax exemption — England — Norfolk;
- Norfolk (England) — History — Sources;
- Norfolk (England) — Genealogy;