Norwich Cathedral Priory Gardener’s Accounts, 1329-1530.
Monastic gardens have been neglected by garden historians but these accounts record, in English translation, gardens and gardening at Norwich Cathedral over 200 years.
Skayman’s Book, 1516-1518.
John Skayman’s book (1516-1518), is one of the earliest English diaries, chronicles his work as chief servant to Sir Roger Townshend involved in sheep farming, holding manor courts and overseeing the business of the Raynham estate.
Series: Norfolk Record Society
Volume Number: LXI
Year of Publication: 1997
Edited By: Charles Moreton, Claire Noble, Paul Rutledge
- Skayman, John, -1519 or 1520 — Diaries;
- Agriculture — England — Norfolk — History — 16th century — Sources;
- Gardening — England — Norwich — History — Sources;
- Gardens, Medieval — England — Norwich — History — Sources;
- Norfolk (England) — History — Sources;
- Norwich Cathedral Priory Gardens (Norwich, England) — History — Sources;