The Norfolk Record Society was founded in 1930, to publish and make accessible scholarly editions of documents relating to the County of Norfolk and the City of Norwich, to promote the preservation of such documents and records, to assist educationally by lectures or otherwise in record research and generally to stimulate interest in archives relating to Norfolk.
Publications: The society aims to publish a volume each year. The volumes appear in hardcovers and are carefully prepared and edited by our editors. Each volume contains an introduction to the edited text and a full index.
The society’s publications can be purchased online via our online shop.
Suggestions for future volumes are most welcome, please contact the Hon. Secretary.
Membership: The annual subscription entitles members (individual or institutional) to receive one copy of each volume free of charge. Past volumes can usually be purchased at less than the price at which they are sold to non-members.
We welcome all enquiries for membership from those individuals or institutions with an interest in the history of Norfolk.
The Letter-Book of Thomas Baret of Norwich: merchant and textile manufacturer, 1672-1677From: £17.50
Humphry Repton and his family: Correspondence, 1805–1816From: £17.50
The Norwich Chamberlains’ Accounts 1539–40 to 1544–45From: £17.50
The Great Blow: Examinations and Informations relating to the Great Blow in Norwich, 1648From: £12.00
- The Letter Book of Thomas Baret of Norwich: merchant and textile manufacturer, 1672-1677 (2021)
- The Literary Papers of the Revd Jermyn Pratt (2022*)
- The Papers of Nathaniel Bacon of Stiffkey, volume VII, 1614-22 (2023*)
- Socialism and Suffragism in King’s Lynn and Great Yarmouth (2024*)
- The Church Notes of Sir Stephen Glynne (2025*)
- Either The Cartulary of Castle Acre Priory or The ‘Politicke Mannen’ of Norwich (2026*)
* Year of publication is subject to change.